What to Do in Hermosillo, Sonora
Hermosillo is a warm destination in northwestern Mexico and capital city of the state of Sonora. With multiple outdoor attractions, museums and even centrally-located beauties at the reach of any visitor, you could say Hermosillo has it all.
Learn a little of what Hermosillo, the City of the Sun, has to offer with Hotel Colonial Hermosillo and schedule your visit to the Sonoran capital.
What to Do & Where to Go in Hermosillo:
- Metropolitan Cathedral: Beautiful religious building located in the heart of Hermosillo. It reaches 30 meters high and has simple yet truly imposing architecture.
- Galerias Mall Sonora: It’s the favorite shopping center of locals. Find the best brands, entertainment options, dining and more.
- La Ruina Park: It’s an outdoor space, a gathering point for locals and visitors. Multiple activities are arranged here every week, from skating classes to concerts and jazz evenings.
- La Campana Hill: It’s located south of the city and it’s the most important natural icon of Hermosillo. Come with your camera and capture the best pictures of the sunset while enjoying a nice hike.
- Sonora Stadium: This baseball stadium is home to the Naranjeros de Hermosillo, a baseball team of the Mexican Pacific League.
- Museum of Popular and Indigenous Cultures of Sonora: it shows temporary expositions with the purpose of promoting the different popular cultures of Sonora.
- Sonora Ecological Center: It’s a zoo with endemic flora and fauna of Sonora.